The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung (RLS) supports students from Egypt, Libya, Lebanon, Tunisia, Yemen, Jordan, Morocco and Iraq, completing their MA , Diploma or State Examination in Germany. The funds for this program are provided by the Federal Foreign Office (Auswärtiges Amt).
- applications are only accepted in German or English language
- very good grades
- some degree like a BA or a diploma
- certificate of enrollment (Immatrikulationsbescheinigung) for the next semester or at least a letter of admission (Zulassung) from a German university. Your enrollment must be documented at the latest by the time the scholarship would start
- basic knowledge of the German language (further classes can be sponsored by us). At least very good knowledge of the English language
- activities in social, political and/or community services
We can not sponsor:
- only the final phase of your studies
- the BA or the basic course
- your second studies (if you have studied a different subject in the first run)
- part-time studies parallel to employment
- trips back home to do research, trips to third countries
The maximum time period of the scholarship is based on the average time or number of semesters of your studies (Regelstudienzeit). The scholarship will at first be granted for one year and then to the end if the prerequisites have been fulfilled. Extensions in addition to the Regelstudienzeit are possible. The monthly basic scholarship is 850,- Euro.
Another publicly funded scholarship at the same time is not allowed, however, if parallel and different scholarships are possible, the months will be simply subtracted from our scholarship.
- October 1st (for a scholarship starting April 1st in the next year)
- April 1st (for a scholarship starting Ocotber 1st in the same year)
Inquiries and information:
Tel.: 0049 30 44310-223
Consultation hours for applicants: