The Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung (RLS) supports undergraduate students from Egypt, Libya, Lebanon, Tunisia, Yemen, Jordan, Morocco and Iraq, doing their MA , Diploma or State Examination in Germany. The funds for this program are provided by the Federal Foreign Office (Auswärtiges Amt).
Requirements for foreign students:
- Applications will be accepted only in German or English language
- very good grades
- some degree like a BA or a diploma
- enrolment at a German university (your admission must at least be documented by the time the scholarship would start)
- basic knowledge of the German language (further classes can be sponsored by us) at least very good knowledge of the English language
- activities in social, political and/or community services
We can not sponsor:
- only the final phase of your studies
- the BA or the basic course
- your second studies (if you have studied a different subject in the first run)
- part time studies parallel to an employment
- trips back home to do research, trips in third countries
The maximum time period of the scholarship is based on the average time or number of semesters of your studies (Regelstudienzeit). The scholarship will at first be granted for one year and then to the end if the prerequisites have been fulfilled. Extensions in addition to the Regelstudienzeit are possible. The monthly basic scholarship is 750,- Euro.
Another public funded scholarship at the same time is not allowed, however, if a parallel and different scholarships is possible, the months will be simply subtracted from our scholarship.
Deadline: October 15th (for a scholarship starting April 1st in the next year)
and April 15th (for a scholarship starting Ocotber 1st in the same year)