From 18 to 29 September, the Rosa Luxemburg Foundation is hosting the Reclaim the Game Speakers’ Tour 2022 with events in Berlin, Magdeburg, Hamburg, Hanover, Gelsenkirchen, Frankfurt, Fürth, Munich, Dresden and Berlin (simultaneous translation in German and English will be made available).
Five guests from Nepal and Kenya will talk about their experiences on the construction sites for the 2022 World Cup and their struggles to improve working conditions for migrant workers in Qatar. How effective are the labour law reforms that Qatar has initiated? What problems remain for trade union and informal organising of workers? What demands do we want to make of FIFA and the DFB for future World Cup host cities? How can we stand in solidarity with the workers in Qatar? We will discuss these and many more questions with our guests from trade unions, politics and migrant self-organisation.
- Binda Pandey, as an alternate member of the governing body of the International Labour Organization (ILO) for the Nepalese trade union confederation General Federation of Nepalese Trade Unions (GEFONT) involved in the negotiations with the Qatari government; today member of the Nepalese parliament for the Communist Party of Nepal (Unified Marxists-Leninists)
- Krishna Shrestha, representative of the Nepal Migrant Workers Network in Qatar
- Jeevan KC, member of the Migrant Workers Network and health, safety and environmental supervisor at the construction sites in Qatar
- Malcolm Bidali, former migrant worker in Qatar and co-founder of Migrant Defenders, Kenya
- Jeevan Taramu, advisor GEFONT Support Group Qatar
The event will be hosted in cooperation with Gesellschaftsspiele e.V. , 11 Freunde, various fan initiatives, including Fanprojekt Magdeburg, Hannover 96, Fanladen St. Pauli, Braun-Weiße Hilfe, Schalker Fan-Initiative, Schalker Fanprojekt, Anno 1904 e.V., BoycottQatar2022, KOS – Koordinationsstelle Fanprojekte, !Nie Wieder, Unsere Kurve, Fanprojekt Fürth, Stradevia 907 Spielervereinigung Fürth, Club 12, Bayerischer Flüchtlingsrat, Fanprojekt Dresden e.V. – Lernzentrum „Denk-Anstoß“, Stadtbibliothek Magdeburg, Kulturzentrum Pavillon Hannover, as well as seven of the RLS nationwide regional offices (Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung Sachsen-Anhalt, Helle Panke – Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Berlin, Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung Niedersachsen, Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Hamburg, Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung NRW, Kurt Eisner Verein – Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Bayern, Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung Sachsen).