We’re back! The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung will present its publications in Hall 3.1, Stall G50, at this year’s Frankfurt Book Fair. You will find us in the exhibition space for literature and non-fiction with a selection of our current analyses, educational materials, luxemburg argumenten, studies, and the magazine LuXemburg—that is to say, with our diverse print formats. We’ll discuss sustainable alternatives on topics like mobility, housing, food, defuse false attitudes with statistics in topics like migration, define models for peace, and take up feminist demands and perspectives on the labour market.
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung’s goal is to promote emancipatory thought through political education and socially critical analysis, and thereby initiate ecological changes, countermodels critical of capitalism, and approaches towards a just society. These values are also the basis of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Foundation’s student and PhD scholarships. For everyone interested in the Stiftung’s work and its political milieu, RLS staff offer a meeting place to get informed, discuss, ask questions, and exchange opinions between 9:00 and 18:30 every day. The Book Fair is open to industry representatives and the press from Wednesday to Friday. On the weekend the Book Fair will open its doors to the general public.
We invite everyone on Saturday, 19 October to attend get to know some of our publications in conversation with authors and scholars. We will be presenting our latest projects in cooperation with the Karl Dietz Verlag and the neues deutschland newspaper. Stop by, join the discussion, and get to know us better!
Events at the RLS Stall (in German)
Saturday, 19 October 2019
- 11:00: Nach KNV-Pleite und Preisverleihung – Zur situation der unabhängigen Verlage
With Britta Jürgs (AvivA Verlag) and Jörg Sundermeier (Verbrecher Verlag) from the Kurt Wolff Stiftung
- 12:00: Atlas der Migration – Daten und Fakten über Menschen in Bewegung, RLS
With Wenke Christoph, Senior Advisor in the RLS Europe Unit
- 13:00: Dagny Juel, Flügel in Flammen and Helga Flatland, Eine moderne Familie – Literature from Norway, Weidle Verlag
With publisher Stefan Weidle
- 14:00: Schicksal Treuhand – Treuhand- Schicksale, RLS
With the chair of the RLS Executive Board, Dr. Dagmar Enkelmann
- 15:00: Ständige Ausreise. Schwierige Wege aus der DDR, Ch. Links Verlag
With the editors Jana Göbel (rbb) and Matthias Meisner (Tagesspiegel)
- 16:00: Keine Enteignung ist auch keine Lösung - Die große Wiederaneignung und das vergiftete Versprechen des Privateigentums, Karl Dietz Verlag
With the author Sabine Nuss, director of the Karl Dietz Verlag
Moderators: Ulrike Hempel (RLS), Olaf Koppe (neues deutschland), and Ramona Lenz (medico international)